The mandate of Institutional Research at Loyalist College is to promote a culture of data driven assessment and decision making across all facets of the institution. This includes making data from a wide variety of sources more easily available and useable by college leadership. These data products are related to a wide variety of topics, including (but not limited to) Strategic Enrolment Management, Student Success and Retention Improvement initiatives, Student Services Assessment processes, and many others.
Reporting to the Director, Institutional Research, the Manager of Institutional Research and Reporting supports these activities, and others, by overseeing the conception, building, and delivery of data reports and insights for leaders and colleagues at the college. Deliverables can include, but are not limited to, interactive Power BI Dashboards, building a functional data warehouse, delivering in-depth written analyses, presentations to leadership, and other forms as required. The Manager of Institutional Research and Reporting will also be responsible for supervising and conducting surveys at the college, along with associated reporting and data storage.
The Manager of Institutional Research and Reporting will have a deep understanding of the data available at Loyalist College and act as one of the primary resources at the college for data quality and interpretation. The Manager will be responsible for directly supervising support staff building data products delivered by Institutional Research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development, implementation, and socialization of deliverables planned in the Reporting roadmap. This includes ensuring data is accurate, timely, and regularly updated. Supervises staff building out reports in Power BI and other data products as required.
- Leads the management and coordination of College surveys (e.g. Ontario College Student Experience Survey (OCSES), Graduate Outcomes and Experience Survey (GOES), Course Assessments, Orientation assessment, etc.
- Supervise documentation and delivery of government mandated data requirements, including submission of College Student Enrolment Report (CSER), Grad Rate, Strategic Mandate Agreement (SMA3), Enrolment Audit, and others as needed.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Research to create a road map for delivering regular fundamental reporting capabilities, and new reports, at Loyalist college. This plan is to provide a path to move away from Argos reports and into a new environment (such as Power BI), permitting college leaders to have easy access to wide array of data required to run their faculties and departments. This includes building in calculated and derived data, providing not just simple raw counts, but also highlighting relevant deviations from expected results.
- Acts as a resource for college stakeholders in data retrieval, interpretation, and analysis – as required.
- Minimum completion of a four (4) year degree in Business or related field, or combination of relevant college diploma or industry experience
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with quantitative and qualitative research design and methodology, survey design, focus group delivery and statistical analysis using statistical software, student information systems.
- Strong understanding and experience with post-secondary data analysis, forecasting and reporting is a distinct advantage.
- Experience working with college stakeholders across various business units including enrolment management, student affairs and services, and academic quality.
- Experience working with data in a post-secondary environment and delivering reporting insights and recommendations for key stakeholders in the college.
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles and practices
- Experience in post-secondary, public sector and/or non-profit environment in a large and complex organization will be considered an asset.
- Experience working with management and staff at various levels.
- Excellent communication skills
- Budgeting experience