The Costco account team has a need for a Key Account Manager on the Nutrition and Health & Wellness business. Reporting to the Customer Team Leader, this position will be responsible for the creation, implementation & communication of the customer plan, including trade investment management and application, that delivers the sales and profit targets.
- Managing the total customer interface ensuring on-going development and profitable growth on select Nutrition and Health & Wellness categories at Costco.
- Leading and participating in Design for Channel initiatives to develop new packs that align with Costco’s priorities via JBP. Formulating plans to obtain agreed listings, retail pricing, distribution and product placement in Club. Evaluating customer tactics, plan implementation & recommendations to improve for the future.
- Maximizing sales results at the lowest cost by applying effective sales/marketing strategies, effectively negotiating trade promotions, and demonstrating effective budget management. This includes implementation of tactics that are developed through a shared planning process with fellow account teams, brand, trade marketing and supply chain, managing account spending efficiently and delivering targets within allocated budgets.
- Maintaining excellent trade relations and customer support for our brands through effective execution of brand strategy in combination with complete understanding of the customer’s unique needs and the marketplace conditions.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- University degree preferably in Business Administration or Marketing, with previous account development or trade/consumer marketing experience within the mass/grocery/drug trade (minimum 3-5 years).
- Proven leadership and strategic planning abilities, combined with strong financial management and analytical skills are essential.
- Working with a variety of data sources including AC Nielsen and customer purchased data is also a key requirement & asset.
- Passion for moving the business forward and be able to build and influence both internal and external relationships. This individual must also be able to work independently and also as part of a greater team.
- Since this position requires travel to and from the account, a valid drivers’ license in good standing is required.