The Administrative Coordinator is a vital member of the leadership team that will provide direct administrative support to the Executive Director – Clinical Services, for the portfolio that includes the Emergency Department, Registration, Haematology/Oncology, Blood & Marrow Transplant/Cellular Therapy, Cellular Therapy Facility, Clinical Trials Support Unit (CTSU) and the Paediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT).
Diverse duties will support the operations of this clinical portfolio, including financial and accounting duties, human resource support, and project support. The Administrative Coordinator will act as the central resource and support for all clinical staff in the portfolio and be the communication link within and across departments.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
- Work within a diverse portfolio with a team of leaders who oversee the clinical operations of ambulatory and inpatient patient care environments, research activities and registration practices.
- Liaise with Human Resources teams, and assist clinical leadership with job posting, recruitment, and onboarding of new staff.
- Maintain and support accurate Payroll for all staff reporting to Executive Director.
- Communicate regularly with our Finance partners, analyze, and prepare detailed financial reports and manage invoices for both accounts payable & receivable.
- Process and monitor multiple cost centers.
- Work in partnership with Garron Family Cancer Center program team to finance programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Develop and coordinate systems such as invoicing and communication systems.
- Maintain documentation and records to track timely disbursements and invoices with multiple organizations, both internal and external.
- Generate purchase orders and work through procurement processes to support capital projects and strategic investments.
- Procure supplies, equipment and furniture and ensure supplies are accessible to departmental personnel, support maintenance/repair schedules.
- Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes for meetings. Follow-up and/or implement items resulting from minutes.
- Arrange meeting rooms, audiovisual and equipment services for meetings/events.
- Calendar management: schedule and confirm appointments for staff using judgment and critical thinking to reschedule or book appointments according to changing priorities.
- Prepare reports and presentation material including slides, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Coordinate and contribute to projects from draft to implementation/completion.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners across the organization.
- Maintain, interpret, and communicate appropriate policies to ensure compliance with policies and procedures