" What you will do
- Acts as a first point of contact for admissions, and provides information and resources to students, parents, and other internal and external parties.
- Administers the phases of the admissions cycle, including processing requests from applicants, and preparing and distributing correspondence and documents to program offices.
- Assists students with the registration process, including identifying required documentation, processing and signing documents on behalf of senior staff, such as academic change forms and status changes.
- Initiates and generates reports on admissions data.
- Monitors transcripts and updates registration data.
- Corresponds with external agencies on application and admission information.
- Provides administrative support to the department and/or unit.
- Two-Year Community College Diploma.
- More than 1 year and up to and including 2 years of experience.
Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge and Requirements
- Knowledge and insight of practical methods, techniques, and work processes that is typically acquired through a combination of technical training and/or work experience.
- Provide information that requires technical or administrative explanation or interpretation.
Attempts to resolve a difficult or challenging interpersonal situation, or overcome resistance to gain cooperation, before referring to others.
- Manage own work effectively and follows through on commitments, using the available resources.
May distribute work to deliver objectives on time and to the highest standard and help others access resources to support goal achievement.
- Resolve recurring problems and situations using established procedure and guidelines.
Bring forward problems, obstacles or challenges to work completion in a timely manners so deadlines continue to be met.
Break down concrete issues into parts and selects best solution from clear alternatives and past practices.
- Acknowledge and respect diverse cultural traditions and beliefs.
Question attitudes, comments and behaviours which are discriminatory and seeks out appropriate resources to remove these from the workplace.