The Town is currently searching for a motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Community Outreach Assistant. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for assisting with the operations of Torbay History House & Museum, including the development and delivery of cultural events, services, and programming at the museum and throughout the community.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote the Town's vision, values, priorities and objectives.
- Support museum operations and the operations of the Town of Torbay's cultural facilities
- Foster effective working relationships based on mutual respect and accountability.
- Assist with the operations of Torbay History House & Museum in keeping with museum policies, mission, vision, available resources and accepted professional practices.
- Develop and implement a community cultural ambassador program to engage and connect youth with the community through arts and culture.
- Develop and deliver cultural events and programming at the museum and throughout the community.
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of HCIS in the development, creation, interpretation, and installation of special exhibitions and temporary displays; help develop possible traveling exhibitions.
- Assist with the management of museum and cultural facilities, including setup and takedown of events and programs.
- Maintain, setup, and takedown sound and stage equipment.
- Assist with event planning and management.
- Work collaboratively with partner organizations, including the Torbay Folk Arts Council, to perform duties as requested.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities within the scope of the position.