As a member of the communications team, in Toronto, ON, you will develop creative collateral, as required. In this role, you will develop supporting print and web resources, develop and coordinate temporary and permanent exhibits in the Legislative Precinct, and coordinate the Assembly’s collection management program. As a Communications & Exhibits Officer, you will also foster public awareness and appreciation of the significance of the Ontario Parliament and Legislative Building.
Click here for a detailed look at the position description.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Design and recommend resources to support communications, educational and exhibit program initiatives.
- Provide museum expertise to research, recommend, curate, and mount exhibits.
- Respond to inquiries and prepare guidelines regarding exhibit, heritage issues and the collection management program.
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Coordinate communications collateral, including, but not limited to, press releases, key messaging, promotional material, web and intranet content, communication plans, and social media posts.
- Educate staff on new content and demonstrate how program and exhibit materials can be incorporated to enhance educational initiatives.
- Coordinate events and activities to support public relations mandates.
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the public relations / communications field
- Experience in collection management, exhibit design and coordination, and conservation and preservation techniques
- Superior research, editing, writing, and customer service skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the functions, structure and procedures of the Ontario parliament and the history of Ontario
- Proven ability to multi-task and work under tight timeframes
- Demonstrated experience using Adobe Creative Suite and other communication-related software
- Proficiency in French (considered an asset)