Responsible for Level 3 technical support and operations of complex, critical core systems and applications. There is a requirement to work after-business hours to support critical operations / Sev 1 issues.
This is an experienced independent contributor with no budgetary or supervisory accountability. Subject Matter Experts (SME) for more complex and difficult programs and applications. Accountable for project work as well as troubleshooting of issues.
What you will do
- Provides technical support for hardware (virtual and physical), software, operating systems and applications.
- Interacts with business and systems owners to support and maintain business applications and systems
- Bridges the gap between business requirements and technology (including recommendations on future direction)
- Updates documentation and maintains core infrastructure systems.
- Works with Architect and project teams to transition new technologies and services to the production environment. May lead implementations or upgrades or provide details as the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems using equipment, lab and virtual environment
- May write technical specifications to send to vendors for bid
- Work with Security team to ensure the integrity of components and processes
- Work with vendors and service providers to ensure they are meeting service levels
- Coaches and mentors peers, Systems Specialists, and Operations team in order to build and strengthen capabilities within ITS
What you bring to the role
- A university degree in mathematics or computer science or other related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional experience and 5+ years of IT experience in system implementation, project and systems management.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of network protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, IPSEC, network technologies (WAN/LAN: MPLS, Fame-Relay, Ethernet, VPN, SSL, Quality of Service, VOIP), and network security appliances / application, vulnerability scanning tools, processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of network management and management tools, such as P Network Node Manager, NetQoS and Bluecoat Reporter