Reporting to the Manager, Communications (Research Institute & Strategic Initiatives), and working closely with the Precision Child Health Team, and the SickKids Foundation, the successful candidate will support the development and day-to-day oversight of internal and external communication strategies related to PCH.
Here's What You'll Get to Do:
- Work with leaders and staff to develop comprehensive PCH communications strategy (internal and external).
- Work with stakeholders to develop a clear and concise PCH lexicon.
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of the PCH communication strategy in collaboration with the Communications & Public Affairs department at SickKids & the PCH Team.
- Lead the development of project planning and content development for a staff (internal) PCH SharePoint site.
- Provide strategic communications advice to internal partners at SickKids and the SickKids Foundation.
- Write and edit for a variety of channels and styles, including news releases and stories, speaking notes, scenario notes, presentation decks, and web and social content.
- Act as primary client liaison with external and internal groups and vendors; and
- Support event planning and execution for related events.
Here's What You'll Need
- Degree/diploma or relevant experience in Communications, Journalism or related area.
- 5+ years of progressive communications experience, including communications planning.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading, with the ability to use plain language to communicate complex medical and scientific information for different audiences.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail, initiative, professional demeanour and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with social media platforms, SharePoint, Mailchimp and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to inclusive communications and the principles of equity, diversity and inclusivity.