What you will do
- Interviewing client personnel to gather pertinent supporting information and articulating compelling arguments to support SR&ED project claims.
- Examining client technologies, products and operations to determine which of their R&D activities qualify for SR&ED incentives.
- Project Management: Plan, organize and execute multiple engagements on time and within budget.
- Client Management: Successfully develop and manage client relationships/expectations.
- Keeping up-to-date with innovative technologies and trends in the world of Information Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Analytics.
- Having an understanding of the SR&ED program and the desire to keep up to date with changes in legislation.
What you bring to the role
- Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering OR similar field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in software development or other IT technology R&D capacity or 2+ years of SR&ED experience.
- Superior communications skills (written and verbal) in English.
- High comfort level and knowledge of computer software/IT technology topics and related terminology.
- Ability to conduct conversations to understand root causes for issues and grasp key development concepts in R&D scope.
- Ability to work closely with clients of all training backgrounds and to manage client expectations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks for multiple clients to consistently achieve delivery milestones.
- Knowledge of tax rules relating to the CRA's SR&ED program would be an asset.
- A desire for self-improvement through continuous learning.
- A demonstrated business acumen and an adaptable growth mindset is invaluable.
The successful candidate will: