- Estimating concrete needs for projects by examining job sites, contract drawings and specifications for quotation purposes, and preparing quotations to contractors and project managers based on our company marketing demands.
- Provides written and verbal quotations for standard, modified and customized mix designs based on information provided by the customer.
- Liaises between the customer and all internal operations on the progress of sales orders and deliveries. Provide onsite co-ordination and supervision; enforce the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities and any other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- After work hours may be required to meet deadlines including attending events to build customer relationships and enhance VRM exposure in the industry.
- Preferably a Diploma or Technical College and/or equivalent education/work experiences.
- Understanding of mix designs and concrete technology, knowledge of manufacturing of concrete techniques and construction industry will be considered an asset.
- Two to three year’s previous experience in the concrete industry.
- Strong interpersonal communication, effective written and oral skills, above average computer skills including Word, Excel, & Outlook and CRM system (OnePage or similar).
- Proactive thinker, self-starter and problem solver with a proven ability to multi-task. must possess solid organizational skills, strong attention to detail with a strong and professional work ethic. Must have the ability to achieve success and generate results both on their own as well as through teamwork.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Solicits, sells, promotes and services existing and prospective accounts.
- Assists the Credit Department in the collection process.
- Work closely with dispatch and driver team.
- Manage deliveries and drivers on all job sites.