The Principal Network Architect, reporting to the Director, Data Center and Network Services, will work with cross-functional organizations to define and maintain strategic direction tied to the overall business and technology strategy. They will work closely with Network Engineering and IT organizations to provide guidance on direction and ensure strategic direction is in line with current technology and business requirements. The selected candidate will attend industry events to influence the industry based on OpenText strategic direction and to stay up to date on future networking technology, concepts and practices. This position will also provide subject matter expertise and work closely with all teams globally in defining requirements, architecture and assist with complex problem analysis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Perform analytical, technical, and financial analysis in the planning, design, installation of enterprise network solutions.
- Defines strategy for leading-edge, business-critical solutions for major, enterprise-wide solutions.
- Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides architectural review and approval for major solutions.
- Provides leadership and effectively communicates with all levels of management in areas related to solution architecture and future technical strategy.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability
- Design, implement and tune TCP/IP networking stack across various operating systems
- Presents technology or infrastructure-based papers to major conferences and publishes papers in professional journals and publications.
- Works with vendors on new technology solutions.
- Leverage and assist in the development of tools and processes to proactively monitor the health of the network and respond to events.
- Leads Proof of Concept scoping and testing.
- Mentor, educate and train engineers to become subject matter experts.
Potential candidates must possess a range of the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- SP background / Large Enterprise scale infrastructure
- Knowledge of networking best practices in:
- Routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS
- Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN
- Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense, MSDP
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- MPBGP-VPNv4, Multi-VRF and VRF-Lite
- Segment Routing Concepts
- Quality of Service (QoS) understanding and configuration, able to customize across all Cisco platforms to support Video, and selected applications
- Excellent understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (including the protocol suite), IKE, tunnel modes, SSL clientless / AnyConnect, Tunnels between ASAs, Routers
- Excellent understanding of SASE (Secure Access Secure Edge) and Zero Trust
- Extensive experience and strong technical skills including the design, configuration, and tuning of Cisco, Juniper, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Extensive experience and expertise of F5 Load Balancers, GTM and LTM's
- Knowledge and understanding of network security best practices
- Experience with monitoring and deploying, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.