We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Payroll and Benefits Administrator in the Total Rewards Department. Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the successful candidate is responsible for delivering payroll and benefits services and ensuring compliance with all regulatory and collective agreement requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administer bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for a diverse workforce that includes a mix of unionized/non-unionized, executive/non-executive, and hourly/salaried employees, including:
- Review and prepare all time and attendance entries for accuracy and adherence to policies, procedures, and the collective agreement
- Administer year end requirements, including T4, T5, and T2200 forms
- Respond to Canada Revenue Agency and Service Canada requests
- Respond to colleague enquiries with a high level of customer service.
- Administer all employee benefit programs including, but not limited to, extended health and dental, pension programs, MSP coverage, group insurance coverage, and other perquisites.
- Processing employee changes on a timely basis, including new hires, position changes, terminations of employment, and retirements; prepare onboarding and termination (Records of Employment) packages
- Prepare payroll and benefit related reports for federal and provincial regulatory bodies, as well as for management and the union, as required
- Establish, maintain, and organize employee records, ensuring all data is administered correctly, on time, and in compliance with privacy legislation.
Key qualifications include:
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a similar role in a unionized environment, supplemented by completion of the CPA Management Program and courses in accounting with thorough knowledge of current payroll practices, legislation, rules and regulations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce, UKG (Kronos) and SuccessFactors would be an asset, or experience in payroll and HRM systems
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent customer service with proven ability to deal with employees at all levels of an organization
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management skills to maintain deadlines
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy
- Team-first mentality but also able to work independently