The Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing strategies that will help us spotlight our productions. Advises and supports the in-house production and creative teams as they navigate their various marketing and distribution challenges. Sets marketing objectives that support the department’s overall strategy, and designs and implements a roll-out plan for each assigned project in line with the project’s needs and positioning, as defined during the Programming, Creation, Distribution and Marketing (PCDM) process. Manages development of the project’s image and production of promotional material. Designs advertising campaigns and oversees production of the various tactics identified. Analyzes campaign performance, compiles results and reports on marketing activities.
- As project manager, manages the PCDM process, writes reports and preliminary marketing plans, and creates work schedules for each assigned project.
- Supports and leads key meetings with stakeholders and project teams.
- Develops marketing strategies and activities to publicize and promote projects in consultation with producers and filmmakers, as well as colleagues in distribution, social media marketing, communications, etc.
- Responsible for preparing a marketing deployment plan and ensuring it’s executed in collaboration with colleagues; builds and promotes the most effective strategy, and if necessary, adapts and improves it.
- Supports distribution efforts (pre-sales or sales to Canadian and international broadcasters or platforms) by planning launch opportunities that will maximize the impact and development of targeted audiences.
- Reviews pre-sales and distribution agreements and, where necessary, advises producers on changes to be made and clauses to be amended or deleted in order to maximize our marketing and distribution opportunities.
- Communicates the positioning of projects and directs the relevant teams (language services, media relations, social media), to ensure promotional activities are consistent.
- Organizes various launch activities (premiere, preview, release in niche theatres), participation in film events and other public screenings.
- Monitors all expenses involved in the execution of the marketing plan and ensures budgetary control over marketing activities.
- Supervises the deployment of advertising campaigns in traditional and digital environments, on search engines and social media.
- Collects data on project distribution activities (performance indicators) and shares the results with stakeholders.
- Identifies projects that require an extensive press review and ensures that it’s carried out.
- Upon request, prepares the marketing and distribution results of specific projects and shares the results with stakeholders using the available tools.