The Manager, IT Services has responsibility for the overall planning, organization and execution of all IT functions to meet CADTH’s information technology requirements. The Manager’s primary objective is to facilitate the effective use of information technology by the organization in support of the overall CADTH business plan and information technology direction. The incumbent is accountable for ensuring a reliable and secure systems architecture.
On any given day, the Manager, IT Services will:
- Establish work unit goals and manage to them using metrics and performance standards that support the business priorities and strategic objectives.
- Implement a standardized reporting structure for tasks, projects, and team capacity.
- Enhance the infrastructure, architecture, and usage of all cloud-based solutions including AWS, Azure, and M365
- Create, test and implement IT security, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure minimal impact to the business as well as develop IT security policies and procedures
- Build, lead and manage a team of internal IT staff and external consultants as required. Manages assigned staff including establishing goals, objectives and work plans; evaluating staff performance and staffing of positions; providing ongoing supervision and monitoring of results.
- Manage the acquisition and implementation of new information technology hardware, software networks, and systems.
- Ensure mission critical computer server hardware/software, and associated peripherals are well maintained and operational 24/7.
- Establish and document IT standards, policies and procedures based on industry best practices and ensure that the company meets all regulatory requirements.
- Stay technically current and provide recommendations on new technologies to meet organizational requirements
- Improve organizational cyber security posture including implementation of best practices and industry standards.
- Responsible for the organizational conferencing and Audio/Video systems that enables hybrid meetings.
Is this the right role for you?
The Manager, IT Services will likely have:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related area of study coupled with recent progressive experience in leading an IT function which is normally attained over a period of no less than five years. (Additional related experience may serve as a suitable equivalent for completion of post-secondary education).
- Prior experience leading/managing a team of IT professionals is required.
- Advanced technical expertise in the following areas: MS Windows Servers, Exchange Online , SharePoint Online, LAN/WAN, firewalls, NAS; HTML, PowerShell Scripting, VPN, Active Directory, network protocols and services (FTP, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP); virus and spam protection as well as administrative systems for finance, human resources and contact management.
- Experience collaborating with external agencies and vendors
- Ability to create and foster long-term working relationships with colleagues, customers, vendors, and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively, prioritizing, and balancing multiple competing tasks effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- In-depth understanding of the boardroom technology and telephony.
What will set you apart?
- Experience with Agile methodology and use of Jira for tasks and project management
- Experience with MS Dynamic CRM implementation and roll out