This role will be a member of the Data & Analytics team and will be accountable to initiate, plan, mobilize project teams, and govern them through to execution. She/he is accountable to remove barriers and facilitate solutions to address business partner's needs. The successful candidate is expected to have a passion for data analytics solutions and will need to be able to pick up and understand a wide range of analytics tools and solutions.
What will you do?
- Owns end-to-end solution delivery. Accountable for project intake, estimation and resource planning to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and with required quality.
- Work closely with the Architect, Technical Leaders, and the Portfolio Director during the concept phase of project to define project delivery approach, methodology.
- Accountable for the technical leadership from project initiation to implementation. Ensures that a sound and future proof architecture is planned and its implementation meets the technical quality standards.
- Ensures that appropriate organization, governance, decision making, and delivery structures are in place to drive outcomes articulated in the business case, CBA, business requirements, and program/project charter.
- Ensures that standards and best practice for project and program management processes are applied to plan, and execute initiatives with high complexity and risk.
- Contribute ideas for best practice improvements, process improvement, and innovative solutions. Become a member of the Data & Analytics thought leadership team, recommending solutions and products to our business partners aligned to the D&A strategy and roadmap.
- Establish project structure and reporting relationships, ensure that everybody understands the project goals and his/her role and responsibilities, encourage good working relationships among all project team members, motivate and resolve conflicts between individual team members.
- Manage resource supply and demand, and associated budgets, reporting, tools and processes
What do you need to succeed?
- University level degree in computer science, data science or related technology degree/diploma. Equivalent experience is also acceptable.
- 4+ years of experience as delivery manager in data-related projects or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience executing projects following the data science life cycle.
- Ability to describe and put into action complex concepts.
- Ability to lead small, medium and large project teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaison between different business units and tech teams in order to plan and deliver complex projects with multiple moving pieces.
- Ability to facilitate business prioritization and decisions.
- Passion for data and analytics as a career and a willingness to constantly educate herself/himself to stay relevant and keep track of trends in the data space.