Sinai Health is a leading academic health science centre and a trailblazer for integrated care across the health continuum. Our fusion of science, innovation, care and learning has earned us international, national and provincial leadership for unique programs and compassionate care. Since 2015, Sinai Health has delivered excellent care in hospital, community and home. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Hennick Bridgepoint Hospital, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and our system partner Circle of Care, Sinai Health discovers and translates scientific breakthroughs, pushes boundaries for health solutions, and educates future clinical and scientific leaders.
Sinai Health is fully committed to a culture of belonging and an inclusive environment that attracts and retains a diverse workforce, at all levels of the organization that reflects the communities we serve. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and those from diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know through the Accommodation Phone Line at 416-586-4800, ext. 7050, or email HiringProcessAccommodation.firstname.lastname@example.org .
To support us on our journey, Sinai Health System is looking for a Clinical Analyst III with a primary focus on the Ontario Fetal Center and other priorities within the Women’s and Infants program, including the BORN initiative. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Clinical Informatics Inpatient & Systems Education, the team member will work collaboratively with the Ontario Fetal Center (OFC) Leadership team and other members of the Women’s and Infants program to gather and clarify clinical and operational user requirements, assist in prioritization of development requests, document current and future-state clinical workflows across all WIH disciplines; identifying opportunities for process improvement and redesign; active involvement in configuration, integration, report optimization, testing, training, go live/maintenance support and post-conversion system optimization. The analyst will be required to lead and provide change management support to medium to large sized projects.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Development/Implementation of:
- scheduling system, that integrates with Cerner and other platforms such as PCIS, for all fetal and obstetrical procedures and surgeries
- a system to collect OFC and other WI ambulatory volumes and outcomes by diagnosis or procedure
- OFC e-referral form
- Works collaboratively to identify user requirements and prepare business and technical specifications; and where indicated translates requirements, specifications and rules into technical solutions
- Lead and support projects to develop an integrated ambulatory electronic record which includes clinical documentation, fetal echo image and outcome data sharing with the Hospital for Sick Children for specific fetal procedures and surgeries
- In collaboration with technical and clinical stakeholders, integrate WIH data platforms for MOH and registry reporting requirements such as OFC and BORN, volume trending, and Clinical Outcome measurement and monitoring which includes integration with the Canadian Neonatal Network
- Maintain and support current clinical applications ie Astraia, eIVF, performing timely upgrades, leading projects to improve integration to Cerner and other key WI initiatives and programs as applicable (e.g. genetics)
- Identifies opportunities to improve clinical informatics and change management practices while evaluating requests for system improvements and feasibility
- Works collaboratively with project teams, system educators and end users to ensure successful implementation and application of change management processes for new EPR applications or enhancements to existing software
- Continues to enhance and improve patient care by utilizing relationship management techniques with clinical areas, participating in committees, attending education workshops and seminars
- Participates in the identification and development of training programs and materials to support technology solutions
- Provides leadership in the identification and development of policies ie downtime and procedures related to clinical informatics initiatives and practices
- Participates in the development of project management documentation and other duties as assigned to ensure project success
- Serves as a liaison between the client, vendor and clinical informatics teams
- Participates in improvement projects and on assigned committees to provide content expertise
- Shares on-call duties with other members of the informatics team during business and non-business hours
- Performs other position related duties as required