The Assistant Financial Controller (AFC) will work with the Manager, Financial Controllership to support the controllership functions for Open Text’s Canadian Entities. The AFC will be an integral part of the accounting cycle, providing support to the broader finance team, assisting in accounting and financial reporting activities as well as regional requirements for the particular legal entities in Canada. The AFC will be a key member of the North American finance team, managing traditional controllership responsibilities, in addition to being a significant contributor to the consolidated US GAAP close.
You Are Great At:
- Supporting the US GAAP close process:
- Perform analytical review of period end financial results, including I/S and B/S review.
- Respond to monthly questions from management on the balance sheet and P&L review.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly analytical review documents.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare the annual legal entity memos.
- Review account reconciliations and promote best practices with Accounting Services to ensure proper accounting and controls are in place.
- Gain an understanding of business changes and drivers the contribute to month over month, and quarter over quarter variances.
- Provides support for new acquisitions and legal entity system migrations:
- Participate in post-acquisition integration activities.
- Participate in migration meetings and conference calls when required.
- Work with our tax and legal teams on legal and tax step plans.
- Assist with general ledger migrations.
- Responsible for other Canadian Controllership requirements:
- Support the tax group in the preparation of the annual tax return, including the preparation of tax information packages for provisions and tax returns.
- Support the indirect tax teams during sales tax audits by providing supporting financial information.
- Provide support material for tax compliance requirements.
- Assist with commodity and income tax audits.
- Liaison with FP&A regarding finance matters.
- Prepare and file statistical filings.
- Work closely with the Corporate Accounting team to resolve technical accounting matters and assuring all processes remain efficient and effective.
- Leading and/or participating in broader finance transformation projects.
- Provides local support to the business:
- Assists the business in addressing finance matters.
- Provides broad support and information to the business as requested.
- Function as the face of the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) organization to the rest of the business functions.
What It Takes:
- 5+ years of experience in a finance leadership role, preferably in a technology company.
- Experience with general controllership requirements.
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP reporting.
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills.
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented.
- Capable of working independently, multi-tasking to establish priorities, and completing objectives without supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- Finance degree (CPA or equivalent).