Reporting to the Manager, Faculty Relations, the incumbent provides administrative and logistical support to the Office of the Associate Dean, Accreditation and Faculty Relations.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Office of the Associate Dean, Accreditation and Faculty Relations.
- Receive queries in person, by phone and by e-mail. Provide the information required or triage to refer the inquiry to the appropriate member of the Unit. Actively follow up with and answer enquiries on matters related to faculty relations.
- Manage the Associate Dean’s agenda and provide administrative support to the Manager Faculty Relations.
- Provide administrative support for faculty personnel related activities (FPTC, workload meetings, ASCH, etc.) - schedule meetings; prepare, circulate and upload documentation. Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Maintain a dynamic and secure filing system (electronic and hard copy); organize, preserve and retrieve documentation and files, in accordance with University systems and policies.
- Prepare collection sheet for exams/papers, collect and return exams/papers, anonymize exams/papers, and prepare score sheets for assessors in collaboration with the Assessment and Accreditation Unit.
- Enter data and assist faculty members with the Faculty Relations and Accreditation data management systems.
- Organize elections for all committees reporting to Faculty Council as well as JMSB representation on university bodies such as Senate, its sub-committees, School of Graduate Studies.
- Maintain several mailing lists used by the Dean’s office to communicate with department chairs and administrative staff, including emergency contact list, all faculty and staff, mailing labels.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of the Dean. Prepare mailing labels, annual holiday cards, congratulatory letters (valedictorian, student competitions, tenure letters, promotion, etc.) and scan Dean's business cards.
- Coordinate membership of the FPTC with Office of the Dean.
- Assist with the organization and attend special events sponsored by the Office of the Dean (e.g. Dean’s Awards, Beta Gamma Sigma, Best of the Best, speaker series, etc.).
- Responsible for the inventory of office supplies; and ensure that equipment in Dean's and Associate Dean's offices is in operating condition (photocopier and other office and communications equipment).
- Undertake other duties in support of the Unit and the Office of the Dean.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of related experience preferably in an administrative office within a higher education environment.
- Demonstrated success and proficiency in providing frontline services to demanding stakeholders.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to be able to explain policies, procedures, and programs relating to an area of work and good spoken French (level 4) to able to respond to work-related questions; basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (to be able to incorporate graphics into reports) and Excel (to be able to create and modify spreadsheets, merge/consolidate data, perform simple statistical calculations); basic knowledge of Access (to be able to design, create and modify databases, tables, queries and reports) and PowerPoint (to be able to create basic templates for presentation). Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat DC (for electronic filing).
- Working knowledge of Concordia policies and procedures an asset.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation in order to work effectively with staff, faculty and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with a proven ability to coordinate complex projects.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team and work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Conscientious and detail oriented.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours and occasional overtime.